Provided at OPENSCREEN-GR by
- NCSR “Demokritos” Athens
Circular Dichroism (CD) - NCSR “Demokritos” Athens
The goal of the CD lab is to perform CD experiments on liquid samples. The CD method is highly accurate, sensitive, reproducible, and non-destructive to the sample.
J-715 JASCO and Peltier system
- Conformational analysis of biological macromolecules (e.g. proteins)
- Investigating the influence of denaturants, solvents and ligands on conformation and stability of macromolecules
- Monitoring conformational changes under different conditions/thermal stability studies
- Investigating protein-protein interactions as well as interactions/complexation of proteins with various ligands, metals, stabilizers, inhibitors, drugs, etc.
- Studying Interactions/complexation of nucleic acids
- Comparative structure and stability studies of proteins and their mutants
- Distinction of the absolute configuration of optically active compounds and quantitative analysis of enantiomeric mixtures