Provided at OPENSCREEN-GR by
- National Hellenic Research Foundation
- Biomedical Research Foundation, Academy of Athens
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
Organic Chemistry and Synthesis of bioactive compounds
Fully Equipped Laboratories of Organic Chemistry - Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
The laboratories are fully equipped with the necessary glassware, rotary evaporators, pumps, thermometers, refrigerators, stirrers, etc. to carry out reactions, synthesize new chemical compounds, purify and isolate synthetic compounds and natural products.
Continuous Dlow Hydrogenation and Deuteration Reaction Device
Continuous Flow Hydrogenation and Deuteration Reaction Device - National Hellenic Research Foundation
Thales Nano H-Cube Mini Plus
- Production of hydrogen or deuterium gas internally by electrolysis
- Operation in temperature range from ambient temperature (RT) up to 100 ° C and in pressure range from 1 bar to 100 bar.
- Accepts prepaid columns with a variety of catalysts
- Hydrogenation and deuteration reactions of organic molecules in continuous flow.
Drug Design & Pharmacodynamic Evaluation of Innovative Molecules
Laboratory of Pharmacology - Pharmacotechnology - Biomedical Research Foundation, Academy of Athens
Laboratory of Pharmacology – Pharmacotechnology (Tamvakopoulos lab) aims to the development of innovative therapeutic approaches with special interest in cancer. The research includes the pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic evaluation of innovative molecules within living organisms at the cellular, molecular and biochemical level. In addition, the laboratory is interested in discovering new biomarkers that will help monitoring therapies in various diseases. The laboratory has been operating for years on the basis of ISO-17025 accreditation and is currently in the process of obtaining certification in accordance with the Principles of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP).
Drug Design and Molecular Modeling Lab - Biomedical Research Foundation, Academy of Athens
Drug Design and Molecular Modeling lab (Cournia lab) uses computational techniques to design new drug candidates. Specifically, techniques for computationally predicting the structure of a ligand-protein complex, for predicting the free binding energy of a drug candidate to a protein, de novo designing new drug candidates, exploring the dynamics of proteins that are pharmacological targets, properties of chemical molecules, and the construction of chemotherapeutic agents.
Larger Scale Synthesis
System for Larger Scale Synthesis - National Hellenic Research Foundation
Radleys Reactor-Ready ™ Lab Reactor
- Includes 5L double-walled glass reactor.
- Includes digital mechanical stirrer with the ability to stir samples with a maximum water volume of 50 L, a maximum viscosity of 100,000 mPa and with the ability to rotate at a maximum of 2000 rpm and with a maximum torque of 200 Ncm.
- Operation at temperatures from (-70 ° C) to +230 ° C.
- Carrying out large-scale reactions.
Microwave Device for Synthesis - National Hellenic Research Foundation
- 10-mL sealed pressure vessels Temperature control with infrared thermometer regardless of volume.
- Ability to stir.
- Ability to carry out reactions in an open container
- Synthetic organic chemistry, presence or absence of solvent.
- Carrying out reactions at temperatures higher than the boiling point of the solvent under pressure with the effect of microwave radiation.
System for Parallel Synthesis - National Hellenic Research Foundation
Buchi Syncore Platform
- Parallel composition in liquid and solid phase.
- Includes shaking.
- Includes a 24-seat platform.
- Operation in temperature range from -20 ° C to 150 ° C
- Simultaneous condensation.
- Carry out parallel reactions for optimization and / or for the preparation of library compounds for obtaining activity structure relationships.